"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quotastic

“What Goes Up, Must Come Down”

Thursday was day 2 of skiing for me.  I had had 1 day of lessons and the girls had 2, so the idea was to all ski together for the last day.  Adrienne and I stuck to the easiest green trail called “Why Not”.  We were doing pretty good on that and Adrienne even wanted to try a blue trail with Mark and Lexi.  She started getting the feel for it and looked good out there!  We all met up for lunch, and I encouraged everyone to do their thing while I stuck with what I was doing.  

5  6

“Follow your instincts.  That’s where true wisdom manifests itself” ~Oprah Winfrey

After lunch I followed Mark out to the big map where he started looking for other green trails.  I reiterated that I was happy doing what I was doing and didn’t need anyone to stay back with me.  My instinct said, “Don’t get roped into this!  Stick with what you’re doing!”.  The girls were excited to try something new, and I was assured a “green” was a “green”.  Same thing I was already doing, just a different part of the trail.  When I got on the chair lift I said, “This is going to be the run that makes me hate my day”.  When Joni took these pictures I said, “Better take them now before I get mad and start crying!”.     1    2

You may be thinking I doomed myself before I gave it a chance.  I disagree.  I’m not a risk taker, but I’m up for trying new things within my ability range.  This is a chronic problem in our family.  Mark always has to push it too far.  It’s his personality not mine.  One time we bought rollerblades and the first time out he took me in a gravel parking lot.  I never rollerbladed again.  One year Lexi was really into biking with him.  He took her 5 year old self to a busy 8 mile bike trail where she ended up falling and skinning her knee.  She hates biking now.  And so it goes with skiing.  This trail was way too hard for my skill level, I fell, and struggled my way down.  That was the beginning and end of my skiing.  Not blaming the hubby, I knew what I was doing the whole time.  I knew I should stand strong, but still I got on the chair lift.  Bottom line, trust your instincts!  I really don’t hate skiing, and I think I could get good at it given the proper time, so maybe there will be another try.  It will be on MY terms though:)

“Family faces are like magic mirrors.  Looking at people who belong to us , we see the past, present, and future.”  ~Gail Lumet Buckley

      P2231995  P2231997     

Thursday night we had Rick’s cousin and lady friend over for dinner.  It was another fun night of food, drinks, and conversation.  Great time for these two to reconnect:)

P2231996 

“At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable” ~Mark V. Olsen and Will Sheffer

On our last day Mark, Rick and Joni did a half day skiing while Anne, the girls, and I went downtown.  We had some down time in the condo before we left though, and Lexi and Sof were running around being silly.  Lexi a slammed a door and Sof’s pinky finger was in it:(  I think Lexi felt worse then Sof, and she spent the rest of the morning trying to make up for it.

P2242002

  photo.JPG2   photo.JPG3

Adrienne was able to name every single one of the statues downtown!  She’s been listening at school after all:)

“All good things must come to an end.”

Sadly our vacation had to end.  We said good bye to our condo in Steamboat and headed back to Joni’s house.  We did a grown up dinner out in Fort Collins, which was fun.  We came back to Lexi and Sof sleeping on the couch and Adrienne on the floor!  The next morning we packed the car and headed for the airport.

P2252005 

“Home Sweet Home” ??????

photo.JPG1 

Yeah, sweet.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment