"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Monday, February 20, 2012

Fun and Ski School…Not Necessarily Together

We are having SO. MUCH. FUN.  We had the brilliant idea to go out to dinner last night.  We couldn’t get a reservation until 8:00.  So…we had a little fun in the mean time.

P2191921   P2191922

P2191912   P2191925

Some people see a fireplace ledge, we see a stage…

P2191927

I have to talk about how much I love these 3…

P2191915

I’ve spent hours listening to Anne’s love for her daughter.  She loves her, adores her, worships her.  You can see the connection between them instantly.  Seeing them together makes my heart smile because I know how important it is to both of them.

P2191916

P2191919

We were really having fun, and were in quite good spirits when we left for dinner.  Number 1 item on the list of buzzkills…

P2191928 Walking through a snowstorm in the wrong direction to a restaurant with a screaming toddler at 8:00 at night.

P2191933     

We ended up dodging into a hotel, finding the city bus stop, and calling the shuttle to pick us up after dinner.  Alexa doesn’t remember any of it.

This morning we headed to the mountains.  Even me. 

P2201935    P2201937

The girls went to their ski school and I went to mine.

Colorado ski school 

This was a bit out of my comfort zone, but I admit I really enjoyed it.  By the end of the day the instructor told me I was about a level 3.  I was happy with that, although Lexi started the morning as a level 3!  Both the girls did great and will rejoin their ski lessons tomorrow at a level 4.  I will spend the day with my Sof, doing a little exploring and grocery shopping.  I will definitely ski another day this week.  I have the bug! 

We ended the day with some hot tubbing, hanging in the lodge,  and pizza.  What I learned…skiing is not for the faint of heart.  It’s a lot of work!  Early bedtime for everyone:)    

No comments:

Post a Comment