"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Sunday, November 12, 2017

August

August felt like the first time we could relax a little and enjoy some slower summer days.  We had a ton of fun traveling, but I really love the summer days that include coffee on the patio and texting neighbors to see what’s up for the day. 

One of those days ended up creating a monster!  Jill and I decided to try out open gym at Bounce.  Sof has been there before, but it’s been awhile.  She wasn’t quite as into gymnastics then.  This trip she basically decided she was Mary Lou Retton.  From this day on it’s all she ever wants to do!  She begs to go to Bounce EVERY SINGLE DAY.

IMG_0424

IMG_0429IMG_0431

IMG_0432IMG_0433

We loaded up two of the triplets as well, because these girls and Colin are a pack.  

IMG_0445

We turned in Sof’s reading log at the library.  She was able to pick out a book from a shelf full of choices.  She chose one called “A Hundred Dresses”.  I wasn’t familiar with it, and pushed her towards some other titles.  Of course she was having none of that.  Months later we actually read it, and it was such a good book!  Basically a story about bullying told from one of the bully’s perspective set way back in time.  A great read for elementary age kids!

IMG_0449

Lexi went to a cheer camp in Georgia.  It was a fantastic opportunity for her, but we missed her!  Everyone(including Scratches) was so happy when she got home!

IMG_0455IMG_0457   Joni was supposed to leave the end of July, but she extended her trip a little into August.  We were so happy!  We were able to have some library dates.

IMG_0466IMG_0474

Knowing how to stunt sure comes in handy when you just have to have that last bag of BBQ chips on the top shelf. 

IMG_0473

We got out for a grown up dinner with Barb and Jeff. 

IMG_0477

Sometimes lazy summer days are exhausting!

IMG_0481

One morning I was reorganizing some of the girls stuff in the basement. I flipped through some paperwork I had saved from Sof’s adoption.  All of the sudden this picture was there.  I have no recollection of ever seeing this or being given it!  Our meeting with her head doctor was short and jam packed with information we had only one chance to absorb.  I was frantically taking notes during that time and stashing away each piece of paper they gave me.  Then they handed us our baby girl and it was go time.  I clearly never looked at that stuff ever again!  Finding a baby picture of your internationally adopted child is like winning the lotto!  For the longest time I only had 9 pictures of her before the age of 2 1/2, now I have 10:) 

IMG_0482

Even though we got more weeks with these two than we expected, we still want more.  We enjoyed one more bittersweet evening together!

I was running in my neighborhood on this particular morning, and this wagon was sitting on the curb with a “free” sign.  I finished my run, but thought about it the whole time.  Sof and I jumped in the car when I got back and went and picked it up!  It’s perfect for these two!

IMG_0489IMG_0491IMG_0492IMG_0496IMG_0502IMG_0505

It’s not good bye, just see ya later, but please don’t grow before then!

Impromptu is always how it works best for us, and this night out with Brian and Ami was perfect! 

IMG_0521IMG_0522IMG_0523IMG_0524

Emily was out of town for a weekend, so I had to do Milford Memories alone with these 4.  It was crazy busy and we didn’t last long!

IMG_0536

Our bigs are actually getting so big.  And pretty sassy too.  No way they were going to actually LOOK for a picture!

IMG_0544

We had a total lunar eclipse and I tried the selfy strategy to try and capture it.  Basically I have a lot of pictures that look like this, and none that look anything like an eclipse.

IMG_0922

This is around the time of the month that not only is the new school year looming, it’s time to take action to be ready for it.  My staff likes to ease in a little with paddle boarding and cocktails on a beautiful summer night.

IMG_0930

IMG_0962

IMG_3939IMG_3946

Lexi had her registration day.  Sof was there to help carry all the paraphernalia along the way!

IMG_0983IMG_0984 When you realize that outfit that looks so cute in person actually looks like a stripper in your school pics.

IMG_1143

To be fair, this is the zoomed out a little version.  On her school ID it cuts off before the top of her shirt so all you can see is the black bralette strap.  Fail.

I’m not ignoring the fact that we had a kid launch to college this month.  It was a process that deserves it’s own post.  However, I will tell you that one Sunday I had the realization that we only had one week till move in date and then it will forever be difficult to get family pictures taken.  I called a photographer and she got us in that Thursday.  I didn’t stress too much about clothes, but did buy Sof a new little outfit.

IMG_0980

She loved it couldn’t wait to model it!  The rest of the family was not so enthusiastic about the pics.  There was a lot of complaining of which I gave no cares about.  And so happy I didn’t, because these pics were worth it!

IMG_1019IMG_1020IMG_1021

Lexi and Sof went to camp with their cheer teams.  This was not cheer camp, but just regular camp with cheer.  A chance to do some fun things and build friendships with the girls you’re going to spend the year with.  Lexi thought it was the worst thing of her entire life.  Bugs, camp food, and bedtime pranks are not her thing.  Sof, on the contrary, thought it was amazing and can’t wait to go back! 

I used the white van to drive 13 girls there!

IMG_1121IMG_1122IMG_1123IMG_1124IMG_1125IMG_1126IMG_1131

The last day of camp was my first day of work and Sof’s open house at school.  I made Mark take the day off to go get the girls and get them back in time to shower and meet me at Sof’s school!  It was a rush, but it worked out!

IMG_1132IMG_1134IMG_1136IMG_1137

Lexi had a pool party with her cheer team.  It’s still summer after all!

IMG_1022

IMG_1033

Adrienne was able to support the Pom team at their first home game. 

IMG_0998

Our last job to get ready for school was getting new glasses for Sof.  She couldn’t be cuter. 

KLDD7859

I still can’t believe summer 2017 is over already!

No comments:

Post a Comment