"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Monday, August 21, 2017

March Happenings

March weather in Michigan is unpredictable.

IMG_1564IMG_1569

The talent show happened and Sof found it to be a lot of fun.  The parents really enjoyed watching 3 hours of, what do you call that, talent?  However, we all can appreciate the gusto it takes to get up on that big stage!

IMG_1571IMG_1573IMG_1581

Adrienne had her last pep assembly with the pom team. 

IMG_1590IMG_1594

IMG_1601

Livy had her 12th birthday, which seems totally normal and totally crazy all at once.  She fits the tween role in every way and I’m so proud of the young lady she’s becoming.

IMG_1596

Ellen and Andy hosted a murder mystery party with an 80’s prom theme.  What I learned was that my hair is always just an Aqua Net spray away from being ready.

IMG_1624IMG_1625IMG_1628IMG_1631

Grandma has been having some problems with her hearing aids, so we decided to get her new ones.  Note I said we not she.  She was being rather uncooperative about it so I drove in to join her on her appointment with the hearing doc.  It’s always nice to be with her and we had a nice lunch before it. 

IMG_1636

Bus stop mornings are my favorite.

IMG_1639

IMG_1644

IMG_1697

Even when winter comes back for a visit.

IMG_1736

With the holidays over I suddenly felt like I had a whole lot of time on my hands.  I came up with this genius idea to host a book club for Sof’s friends and their moms.  I picked a book, purchased it for everyone, made little bookmarks with their names on them, and invited everyone over for a reading of the first chapter.  It was super cute and the girls and moms loved it!  I’m sad to admit that we managed to meet up until the last chapter, and we haven't been able to get together since then.  I’m committed to finding a time this fall to finish though!

IMG_1646IMG_1647IMG_1649IMG_1651IMG_1652

Just looking at these pictures makes me want to finish.


Mark had knee surgery on a Friday,and that weekend Lexi and Sof had a cheer competition in Ohio while Adrienne had a dance competition in Lansing. Since I was on my own, I decided to drive to Ohio and do the cheer comp, then drive straight to Lansing and check into a hotel there.  Adrienne met us at the hotel.  She had a very early call time for a full day of dancing the next day.  It was a lot of driving, but I really never mind.  I love seeing my kids doing what they love!

IMG_1660IMG_1661

Lexi and Sof LOVE eating at Waffle House, so it was a no brainer to stop there for “lunch”!

IMG_1662 

I think we were at the competition less than 2 hours and then back in the car for the 4 hour drive back!  We hit the pool immediately when we got to the hotel.  Sofia had some serious energy to burn after that car ride!

IMG_1667 

Best part of the dance competition was being reunited with the cousins!  It’s so fun to have Adrienne and Livy dancing together again!

IMG_1671IMG_1673IMG_1679IMG_1683

One morning I was driving to work and there was a contest on the radio.  I was at a complete standstill in traffic and thought “what the heck, I’ll call”.  I honestly wasn’t even sure what the prize was!  Lo and behold I won and it was two tickets to see Ariana Grande!  The concert was right after Livy’s birthday so I decided to use them as a gift for her.  Her and Lexi went while my friend Jill and I sat in the parent room.  The girls loved it and were pumped when they got out!

IMG_1686

IMG_1691

Kaitlyn invited me into her class to be a reader for March is reading month.  It was great fun and to my knowledge I didn’t embarrass her too much!

IMG_1694

Adrienne had her end of the year pom banquet.  I’m glad she did it, but it was a lot added to her already busy schedule.

IMG_1703

 IMG_1709

IMG_1706

These senior fatheads gave us a ton of laughs this year!

IMG_1718

I swear this dress was cute in person, but this picture is awful!  It looks like I’m wearing a tent!

IMG_1719

Lexi got her driver’s permit.  I’ll just let that sink in.

IMG_1742

Starbucks came out with spring colored cups.  I’m a sucker for these.

IMG_1841

More mornings.

IMG_1853

IMG_1915

IMG_1924IMG_1927

Sidewalk chalk love notes in the driveway.

IMG_1867

Dear Lexi, I think you are the best cheerleader on Firestorm.  If you were gone I would miss you.  You are the BEST sister but I like Adrienne too.  Love, Sofia

IMG_1868

Dear Sofia, You are the best sister in the world.  I don’t know what I would do without you.  Love you lots! –Lexi


It’s been a couple years since I played in our school charity volleyball game, but my schedule permitted it this year!  Also, we brought the trophy home, so you can make your own assumptions about that timing. 

IMG_1872IMG_1873

IMG_1884

Our local high school did a production of “The Little Mermaid”, so we took Lexi and Sof to see it.  It was so well done!

IMG_1893IMG_1895

Pretty impressive set for a HS, huh?

Adrienne had a dance competition, and like usual we had to switch on and off with cheer.  Sof got to catch a few dances before being whisked off to practice!

IMG_1898IMG_1899IMG_1900

These girls are ALL seniors!  Such a big group!  Their dance “The Graduates” is amazing and a total tear jerker!

IMG_3848IMG_3871

We decided we would look at Costco for Grandma’s hearing aides.  This required another trip in and a little Costco adventure for Grandma!  We had a great experience there, and did decide to purchase from them.  Mom spent the whole time shopping!

IMG_1917

When we go out with Em and Steve, we often bring a deck of cards.  If the place isn’t busy we settle in and play some euchre!

IMG_1944

Mom’s and muffins is at the end of March because every mom loves to get up an hour early on a rainy March morning to go fight 300 people for a 1/4 of a Costco muffin.  No really, it’s awesome.  I love it.

IMG_1933

Phew, you were exhausting March.

IMG_1882

No comments:

Post a Comment