"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Monday, November 2, 2015

Now that Halloween is over, let’s talk about August

So I’m a little behind in the blogging department.  Whatevs.  I really hate being this behind, because I just don’t feel that passionate about stuff that happened that long ago.  However, I’m obsessively chronological, so let’s start at the very beginningNote. Alright, not the very beginning, but August.  After Sri Lanka we jumped back into life and finished out the summer.

We did some boating, went to the pool, and visited the waterpark.

IMG_2010IMG_2016IMG_2018IMG_2019IMG_2020IMG_2034IMG_2036IMG_2065IMG_2072

Mark and the girls had visited Mike and Alison in Traverse City while Adrienne and I were gone.  They were dying to take us up there and show us their cool new spot.  Packing up and leaving was the last thing either of us wanted to do, but I’m so glad we did!  It was a great relaxing weekend!

Luna showed up after being gone for weeks!  She must have known the girls were coming!

IMG_2073IMG_2077

We spent Saturday boating.  It was cool and cloudy, so we made Petoskey stone hunting our mission! 

IMG_2082

We were quite successful!

IMG_2087IMG_2088IMG_2101

Sunday was rainy in the afternoon, so after a leisurely morning we decided to go to lunch, do a little shopping and hit the road.

IMG_2103IMG_2104IMG_2109IMG_2114

We couldn’t resist this little storm cloud sweater.  It just screamed Adrienne;)

IMG_2117

It was such a good time I promised we would come back in the fall for grown up wine tasting weekend.  I don’t want to ruin the suspense, but I’ll tell you we did actually do that.  You’ll have to wait about 4 more posts until I make it to October to hear about it though.

And then I had to set up my classroom…wah, wah, waaahh.  It’s been 16 years since I’ve done it without a partner.  It was awful and I never want to do it again!  However, I did have some help unpacking boxes and arranging furniture.  Amy and Chris met Mark and I there one night, and we literally worked a miracle!

Before:

IMG_2129

During:

IMG_2123

After:

IMG_2125IMG_2126IMG_2127IMG_2128

A little pic of the best staff ever for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_2146

In other random events…celebrated our neighbor's bday, which was fun considering we hardly saw our neighbors this summer!

IMG_2170

Friday night fun with our usual peeps…

IMG_2177

Adrienne had her last dance show of the season.

IMG_2178

IMG_2186

She also went to so many concerts I can’t remember which one this was.

IMG_2189

When sissy is painting in the driveway Sof must too:)

IMG_2192

And there you have it!  End of August, end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment