"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Sunday, January 1, 2012

What A Difference A Year Makes

Yesterday it was beautiful, but it looked more like October then December. 

PC311024   PC311025

When we’re at the cottage I want blustery.  I want roaring fire and snow drifts on the deck.  Guess what?  Today I got it.  Hmmm, that might be a good sign for 2012.  I’m already getting what I want:)   

P1011097  P1011099

The girls took the new year’s dance party very seriously.  We’ve been preparing for it for like days.  We bought 25 yards of tulle, elastic, ribbon, and songs off iTunes.  The girls spent a whole night and day working on it.

PC311027  PC311028

PC311030

There were bracelets, bows and tutus to make, and nails to paint.  Oh yeah, and they had to put the dance together.  While our entertainment was being prepared by the girls, we prepared a fantastic meal.

PC311044

PC311052

This is were I like the men.  In the kitchen.  Get to work boys!!  This guy…

PC301015

He’s a total pussy cat and great with the kids.  Sof doesn’t really think so.  She likes him to stay far away. 

PC301019We had dinner, hung for awhile, and then left the kids to get ready for their show while we went to a friends house for awhile.  When we got back we had a great dance to watch and 12 kids with sparkling cider in Champaign glasses to toast the new year.   

PC311056

These might look like way cool boys, but trust me, they can’t resist the spotlight.  Pretty sure they secretly wanted to be in the dance show.  As with all big acts though, a preshow is needed to warm up the crowd.  These clowns fit the bill perfectly.

PC311057

PC311068  PC311072

 PC311077  PC311073

PC311079

The only thing that bothers Sof about about the dance parties is sharing the stage with the others.  Girlfriend loves an audience. 

We counted, toasted, said a thousand “Cheers” and kissed.  It was bittersweet.  So many things to be happy and thankful for, yet some things that could get better, and some that just need to be gotten used to.  New Year is like that. Some looking forward, some looking back, and some just wishing you could stay where you are.

PC311085  PC311084  PC311089

P1011096

Good bye 2011.  The year that brought me across an ocean to bring home my third baby girl.  It was a good year.  Hello 2012!  You have some work to do, it’ll be hard to compete with 2011. 

I’m not much for resolutions.  When I decide to do something I just do it.  I don’t see the point in waiting till a new year.  New year, new you.  Hmph.  Pretty sure I’m still me, same person I was yesterday.  There are so many things I wish I was better at though.  I wish I remembered my friends birthdays.  I don’t, never have, and they still keep me around.  I’d like to say I’m going to be better at that in 2012, but I probably won’t.  I’d like to run a 10K.  It might happen this year.  I don’t know.  It’s not going to be this week though, so I’m not stressing over it.  Maybe I’ll cut back on chocolate.  No, that’s totally just setting myself up for failure.  Here’s my resolution…

I’ll do the best I can, with what I’m given every day.  I won’t try to be things I’m not, and I won’t beat myself up over it either.  

Happy 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment