"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Monday, January 16, 2012

Weather or Not

P1151251

The weather has been frustrating.  It’s been cold, but not cold enough.  The precipitation we get keeps coming in the form of rain.  The other day we finally got a bit of snow.  Not a lot, but little tease.  I knew another warm up(40’s not 70’s) was coming to steal the prettiest part of winter away from us again.  I also knew I had to find things a 3 and 13 year old could both do this weekend.  So, we bundled up and headed off to a local trail for a little walk.

P1151259  

Sof started off riding, but she didn’t like it.  Typical Sof, she wants to be big and do big girl things.  Determination.  When my kids are driving me particularly crazy, I try to pinpoint exactly what character trait is at the root of it.  Then I imagine how that trait will benefit them in the future.  Usually the things that are the hardest about them when they are little, will be their best qualities as adults.

P1151262 

She walked AND dragged her sled.  Love your determination girlfriend.

P1151263

Adrienne, Sof, and I at Gilbert Willis

We finished with a Starbucks and some grocery shopping.  We made it through the first weekend without Lexi and Daddy but we missed them.  Sof especially.  We’re counting down the days…

No comments:

Post a Comment