"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Saturday, July 4, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

The kids were off of school the Friday before Memorial Day.  Emily went to Kalamazoo to take Grandma to a doctors appointment, so I had the kids.  It was a beautiful day, so we went for ice cream and to the park.

IMG_5031

IMG_5034IMG_5035IMG_5037

Someone wrote on the bottom of Lexi’s swing “I love you more”. I die.

IMG_5042

Just by chance Sof’s buddy Allie was there with her mom and brother, and one of my friends from work was there with her daughter.  It turned into a fun time for moms and kids!

IMG_5045IMG_5046 

Later that afternoon I took Livy out to dinner and to her first dance recital of the weekend.  I was watching that night, so Mark was home with the kids.  When I got home Sof ran to tell me she had lost a tooth!  Not only had she lost her tooth, she LOST THE tooth!  We had to scribble a late night note to the tooth fairy, letting her know that she had figuratively and literally LOST a tooth.  Of course she came anyway and left a gold dollar.

IMG_5050

The next day was the last recital that all our family comes too.  It was another great year and great show.  Adrienne had a speaking part that opened the show, and proved her ability to command an audience!

IMG_5052

We had our usual get together at our house.  A fun night of food, friends, family and games.

IMG_5055IMG_5061IMG_5064IMG_5066IMG_5071IMG_5073IMG_5076IMG_5077IMG_5080

My shirt matched Sof’s dress.  I had no idea until we put it on!

IMG_5093

The next day Adrienne and I went to a party for the graduating seniors at dance.  This is the group that has driven together for years, even sometimes after most of them had their licenses!  I can’t believe fast these kids grow up!

IMG_5096

Later I met Mark at our neighbor friend’s family cottage.  Sof and Allie were in full on cottage ragamuffin mode!

IMG_5101IMG_5102IMG_5106

The next morning was the Memorial Day parade.  For years I’ve said that the moment Adrienne can drive I will NOT come to this event!  It’s a little hard to stay home though when everyone else is going, your younger kids want to go, and it’s another chance to see your big kid dance.  So I dressed us all in red, white, and blue and off we went.  I must admit I had a good time.

IMG_5108

IMG_5111IMG_5116IMG_5118IMG_5119IMG_5121IMG_5123IMG_5124IMG_5126

Em and I showed up in the same pants, which happens often since we shop at the same places!

IMG_5129IMG_5139IMG_5140

We ended the weekend with a trip to Home Depot.  The girls had been begging Mark for a garden.  He finally agreed to get a planter and a few seeds.  They were over the moon, and picked out several varieties.

IMG_5144IMG_5145IMG_5150IMG_5147

The result was a little suburban garden that the girls are in love with!

No comments:

Post a Comment