"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Monday, March 26, 2012

It’s Official, I’m Old

No, I didn’t have a birthday.  What I’m about to say in this post automatically qualifies me for a different generation.  I could pretend it isn’t so, but it’s really what went went through my mind on Saturday morning when I dropped Adrienne at her friend’s house to go to a Bar Mitzvah.  Yes, it’s true, I actually thought, “These kids today!”. 

P3242649   

P3242645

Seriously, these girls are in 7th grade.  Where’s the awkward people??  How about a pimple, buck tooth, or one breast smaller than the other?  Isn’t that what middle school is all about?  I am a little jealous and bitter proud to be mama to one of those beautiful girls. 

While I’m at it I might as well throw in a, “They don’t make ‘em like they used to”.  My alarm clock is from when I was a pimply, buck toothed uneven breasted girl in middle school.  Hubby is constantly making fun of it.  He thinks when the alarm goes off it sounds like it’s saying “Nineteen Eighty Four, Nineteen Eighty Four”.  He has a fancy one that projects the time on the ceiling and adjusts itself after time changes or power failures.  Guess who’s wasn’t working this weekend?  Just sayin’…

How about “Don’t make me pull this car over”.  Actually, this was a beautiful drive to dinner with wind blowing. 

P3212602    

P3212603

Things didn’t get nasty until after dinner. 

P3212605

“I want dessert and I want it NOW!!!”

On an unrelated note…

P3212596

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to squelch your child’s natural interests and talents and make their interests your interests?  This girl really loves balls. She has good aim and good catching.  Not only does she like to play ball, but she instructs everyone else how to hold their hands to catch it.  What if she wants to play sports?  Shudder.

P3212597

 

If you stand that close to the TV you’ll go blind!”

P3212591

I don’t have a fancy transition for this one, so I’ll just say Lexi had a gymnastics meet.  She did great and had fun. 

P3232612

P3232618

P3232628

P3232632

P3232638

P3232643

Girlfriend was tired by Sunday, she just passed right out…

P3242666

I didn’t notice because I was vacuuming literally right next to her.  Now that’s sleeping like a baby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment