"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Thursday, December 8, 2011

All Roses, No Thorns

That’s how our week has been.  Seems like every time I turn around there’s an “I love this” moment.  My ears have been happy.  I heard Lexi say, “Soooof…I missed you!  That sleepover this weekend was so long away from you!”.  Adrienne said, “Come here Sof.  I luuuuuv you!”.  The adoration is mutual.  When I asked Sof if she was dancing she said, “Like sissy”.  Yup, mama’s ears like to hear that stuff. 

My eyes were happy too.  We spent lots of time this week supporting the big girls in their activities.  Lexi sang carols with her Girl Scout troop at the city tree lighting.

PC050227PC050232

Adrienne sang and danced too!

PC050242PC050244       

Sof was mesmerized watching.  She enjoyed the cookies too!

PC050237

Lexi and I have been busy crafting.  We have folded, cut, hot glued, hammered, stapled, and spray painted.  More to come on the finished projects, but here’s a sneak peek at a work in progress.

PC070250We were burning the ends of our ribbons.  At first I said that part was a mom job, but Lexi begged me to let her try.  So I did the typical “weighing of options” mom’s do all day every day.  We do it so quick we’re not even conscious of it.  Best case scenario…she soars to her potential.  Worst case scenario…the house burns down.  I handed her a ribbon, she held it ever so carefully, and we’re still living here. 

Lexi asked me if we could go Starbucks before school.  I can’t think of a better way to start my day.  I didn’t have to yell at anyone to hurry up and get in the car, and the breakfast dishes weren’t sitting on the counter at 2:00.    

       photo (2)             Sof Starbucks Dec 2011

Sorry Santa, this elf is mine!

Sof Xmas outfit Dec 2011

Who doesn’t love a clean soapy baby!

PC070249

Tonight was the opening night of Alice In Wonderland Jr..  My Rose was AMAZING!  Really, that role was so perfect for her.  Who knew?  The Rose has an attitude!  Every roll of the eyes, flip of the hair, and hand on the hip had me sayin’, “Oh yeah girl, you got it and you know it”!   The whole play was so good and I can’t wait to see it again!   

PC080255PC080257PC080259

Hope this weekend you take time to smell YOUR roses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment