"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Monday, September 5, 2011

Signs Summer is Ending

They were all around us this weekend. Sunflowers have bloomed,

the tube is destroyed,

babies are getting bigger,

dance party was weak(apparently they're out of moves, so it was more like a pillow fight and an ending pose),


the water is warmer than the air,


the speedboat is out of the water,

and this little girl is getting too brave(she can also crawl out of her pack and play!).

For every ending there is a beginning. The farm stand down the street from our cottage had the beginnings of their pumpkins out. That made me excited for cider mills, jeans, and fall leaves. Tonight my kids are clean, their hair was blown dry, and even their nails got clipped and painted. That hasn't happened in 3 months:). Everyone has new clothes layed out for the big day tomorrow. In the morning I will go to my classroom where all the crayons, pencils, glue sticks, and markers are new. Who doesn't love new school supplies? There will be a fresh batch of children and parents coming through my door, full of expectations for the year. I will take their children under my wing and promise to love and protect them day in and day out. Some will cry(parents not chidren!), and I will tear up too because I know what a big day it is when your child goes to Kindergarten. Endings can sad, but beginnings are full of excitement, promise and potential. Here's to fresh starts:)





No comments:

Post a Comment