"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Monday, September 26, 2016

Homecoming

On Friday night we went to the football game.  My neighbor, who has triplet girls in second grade, joined us.  She is in that space of life where she is far removed from highschoolers.  She certainly isn’t one, and she’s far away from having one.  She looked around and said, “Where are all the awkward kids?”  I agree with her, kids are just better looking these days.  Maybe it’s all the social media showing them how to pose, do make up, what to wear, and such.  Maybe it’s the affordable and accessible eye brow threading.  I dunno.  What I can say is I was a very aesthetics conscious teenager.  I tried.  But I NEVER looked like these girls!  And for the record, neither did ANYONE in my high school! 

IMG_8911      

To all my former classmates,

I MADE THAT!  Yes, it’s confusing.  I don’t know how.  I was awkward AND bad at science, okay?  But I know I grew these girls in my womb and so BAM!  Take that bitches!

Sincerely, 

Still Kinda Awkward and Not Very Mature

Let’s talk about this girl though.

IMG_8870

I mean.  What even the heck.  She looked beautiful.  My sweet Lexi Lou who turned down a date because he didn’t put enough effort forth.  “I didn’t want a date anyway, but if he had at least made a poster I would have felt bad and said yes.  But please, he didn’t even try.”  You go girl.  Make ‘em work for you.   

IMG_8871

I love her friends.  All such sweet, smart, good girls.  They all looked so pretty.

IMG_8873

Mark and I had to divide and conquer.  Lexi’s group went out to dinner, so Mark went with them and the other parents.  I went with Adrienne’s group to do dinner and pics with them.  It should come as no surprise when I tell you my husband took not one picture the whole evening.  I can’t even.

IMG_8874   

Adrienne’s group was not surprisingly beautiful as well.  They took a different look than the sweet freshman.  I think they were going for a more trampy sophisticated feel.

P9246869P9246870IMG_8890 

Adrienne went with a date, and can I say he’s a fine looking young man? 

P9246856

P9246859

Here’s the important part.  He’s a nice young man.  He’s a gentleman.  And he didn’t get that way by accident.  His parents did that work!  They didn’t leave anything to chance.  His mom talked to him about the proper way to take care of my girl.  What a concept!! 

P9246867

P9246864

Another cool thing kids do these days…

IMG_8923

They pick a location to meet and take pictures with their class.  These are all seniors. 

IMG_8928

IMG_8933

IMG_8936

So that’s a wrap for my senior.  I’m really nothing but excited for every adventure her future holds, but also thankful for the memories she’s making now.

IMG_8917

No comments:

Post a Comment