"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Thursday, September 8, 2016

First Day of School

I sent two kids to high school this year.  One for her first day and one for her last first day.  What even the heck. 

IMG_8435IMG_8436

Adrienne was pretty giddy about it.  (Until she came home with a crapload of homework)

IMG_8437IMG_8438

IMG_8440

Lexi was pretty cool about it.  She got to ride with Adrienne and she’s been in the school all summer for cheer so there was some comfort in that.  I’m actually really excited for Lex.  I think it’s going to be a great year.  For the record I said those shorts were too short for school.  Adrienne said it didn’t matter on the first day.  Lexi decided to take her chances.  She got a warning.  Mom was right(always).  

IMG_8441

And then there was one.

IMG_8444

My sweet baby girl!!  I tried to keep calm, but second grade??  It’s like kinda big!!

IMG_8451IMG_8452

She was ready early and super excited.  She informed me she doesn’t need me to walk her to the bus stop anymore.  This will not be a thing.  I love my bus stop mama friends! 

IMG_8454IMG_8456IMG_8457IMG_8460

Do all neighborhoods have this many crazy paparazzi parents?  It might have been me that yelled “get together kids and don’t even roll your eyes you too cool for school boys”. 

IMG_8489

IMG_8463

Girl posse.

IMG_8464

Colin is like the bus stop mascot!

IMG_8466IMG_8468

And then they were off!  Sof’s teacher is awesome and posts lots of pictures for us parents.  She speaks my love language.

IMG_8499IMG_8500IMG_8501

Everyone was happy at days end.  The big girls came home with homework, but are happy with their classes.  Sof of course thinks second grade is the coolest.  Even I came home happy.  My class seems pretty good, although compared to last year there was no where to go but up.

Our first day of school was 95 degrees.  We debriefed, had some dinner, and went to the pool.  For an hour it seemed like we were back in our summer routine.     

IMG_8490IMG_8498

Until this hot weather leaves us, we will be existing in both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment