"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Interrupted

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted.  It’s not that I didn’t want too, it’s just that everything I wanted to do and would have taken pictures and wrote happy words about didn’t happen.  Our house has been overrun with illness, and it wasn’t pretty.  I’ll spare the details(3 kids with the stomach flu in succession), but it sucked.  We lost two weekends of fun to it.  After it there was a trail of unfinished business to catch up with.  What I can guarantee, is that we will make up for it big time in the next few weeks. 

The real bummer is that fall arrived while we were out of commission.  We had plans…fairs, orchards, and Saturday night get-togethers in jeans.  This week we had to be happy with little reminders of the season.  Like new fall clothes and sweater tights to die for.

  P9196057   P9196059

Time inside with candles and board games.  Lexi won for the record:)

P9236078

P9226075

And an afternoon trip to Starbucks.  I don’t think you’re supposed to start a sentence with and.  Oh well.

2

Mark and Brian and several guy friends went to the cottage this weekend and cleared out all the furniture and everything else.  Since we were flying solo, Em came over with the girls Saturday night for a quiet hang out evening.

P9226068Sof wanted to help set the table.  I’ve mentioned before she has a fierce need to do everything herself.  Fierce I tell ya.  She set the table and was so proud.

 P9226063  P9226067

I think we had about 12 place settings and 6 people.  Each person had a plethora of utensils to choose from.

P9226070We ate, and sat quietly around the table chatting.  Sof asked to play a game and read a book.

6P9226077 Eventually Sof got on her costume and used my phone to start up some music.  She was confused at this quiet evening.  She decided to get her own party started.  She proceeded to put on her own dance show!  Hilarious.  Girfriend is not into quiet evenings.

3

Today was moving the cottage home day.  It was a tremendous amount of work and I’m so thankful for a husband that works so hard.  It was 2 days of loading and unloading heavy furniture.

P9236084

P9236083

Now comes my part…joining two households worth of “stuff” together.  I love that the table is now in our kitchen to continue gathering friends and family to eat, drink, and be merry.

5

P9236082

4

Here’s to a healthy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment