"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!  So much has been going on, and I just haven't had time to update.  Last week I spent a day helping Grandma look at an assisted living facility.  I think we have it figured out, and now just need to do the legal stuff.  It's so complicated!  Unless you ask the questions over and over until they answer you, they just try to get you to sign on the line and take all your money.  I like to see things in black and white, no surprises for this girl!  These facilities like to talk in kinda's and maybe's.  So, I'll keep working at it until I feel comfortable!  Good news is Grandma likes the facility and that's what's important.  After a long day of Senior home shopping I received the email for our court date.  I've been waiting and waiting for that email, but it still took me by surprise.  I just can't wait to get back there and hold my baby girl again!  Alexa and Mark went to the Daddy Daughter dance last week also.  Alexa looked so old!  She's grown up right before my eyes this winter!
On Saturday we went to a couple's house who adopted last June from the same baby home as S.  Oh my gosh she's so cute!  It was just amazing to see this little girl, same age as S, who came from the same place as S, and now is just like any other toddler running around the house.  It made my heart ache for S.  I want her home soooo bad!  It was great to connect with people who have been through the journey also.  We got some great advice and really enjoyed our evening.  That brings us up to Valentine's Day!  My sister and I have had a Valentine's Day Dinner celebration for many years now.  I don't know why, but I really love this holiday!  I think because there's not too much else going on this time of year so it's fun to celebrate!  I also love the sweets!  Anyway, Em did it at her house this year and we had a really nice time.

Next year there will be 6 girls!




  Olivia (6yrs) made this picture of our family.  It couldn't be any cuter!  She has every one's hair and eye color right, and even included S!  It's a keeper:)

Yes, we do gifts.  Just little ones for the fun of it! 


Everyone had to write Valentine's and each kid has a mailbox.  The kids wrote to the grown ups and each other, and the grown ups wrote to the kids.  Very fun...Mark gets the prize for his Valentine's.  He really got fancy!  He wrote two for Adrienne...
*Roses are red, Violets are blue, If you don't clean your room you will be blue too.
*Roses are red, Uncle Stevie likes Penn State, I hope you never go on a date.
For Alexa...
*Roses are red, pickles are green, I am glad that you're not mean.
For Olivia and Kaitlyn...
*Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm glad I have a niece as special as you.

Who knew he had these skills?  He does love his girls!  Now we're just looking forward to our trip and being one step closer to having our family together!   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment