"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Sunday, August 19, 2012

Little of This, Little of That

This weekend brought a glorious mixture of cool mornings, warm afternoons, and sweatshirt and fire kinda evenings.  We spent it at the cottage where my sister, and Mike and Alison kept us company.  We had time out, shopping, getting coffee, eating, and visiting, and we had time in, boating, napping, eating, and drinking.  We spent time together, and time alone.  It was a perfect balance of yin and yang.    

Regardless of what we’re doing, we move in herds.  After a little shopping and coffee Saturday morning, we headed to the boat.  I’ll be honest, it felt like an obligation.  I can’t bring myself to be at the cottage for a weekend in August without going down to the water.  I do enjoy watching all our ducklings file down the hill in anticipation of water sporting fun.

P8185484

P8185486

P8185488

Lexi brought her best buddy Jack.  He’s not a real adventurous kinda guy, so we had to giggle a bit at him tubing.  The whole ride you could tell he was grinning and bearing it!

P8185494

P8185489

I was more than happy to take Sofie back to the house for her nap after her turn tubing.  It was a little piece of heaven to lay on the bed, doorwall open, working on my computer while she slept.  She gave me 2 full hours!

1

She was well rested when we ventured out for dinner…all 13 of us.

P8185495

P8185497

Big T is a restaurant we’ve been going to for years.  When I say years, I mean more then 20.  They serve everything, accommodate large groups(and herds), and are kid friendly! 

$30.00 in arcade money…

P8185509  

P8185514

$100.00 for dinner…

P8185498

P8185503

Not having this mess in my kitchen…

2

Priceless!

We finished the evening with s’mores.  Perfect!

P8185518

 

P8185520

This morning brought a visit to Grandma’s.  It was actually more like lunchtime, so we brought Wendy’s and ate it picnic style! 

P8195540 P8195541

Grandma is still feeling a lot of pain, but she did look a little better today.  She was able to get down to the dining room once last week, and that socialization does wonders for the body and mind.  Hoping every day brings her more healing.

P8195543 

P8195544

P8195549

P8195550

Reading material is pretty slim pickins at Grandma’s place.  We found a Dr. Suess, but not one of his more popular titles!

I am preparing to drink in my last week of real summer vacation.  Even though school doesn’t start until after labor day, I have to work before that.  The kids are still busy with their activities, but I plan being keenly aware of each morning minus my alarm, and each evening I don’t have to think about lunches and homework.  Where did this summer go?

No comments:

Post a Comment