"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happynings

We are filling our days with the outings and little things that make summer different then the other months.  Last week we managed to find a day that everyone was home to squeeze in a trip to the waterpark.  The big girls brought friends and Sof and I brought Amy and Ty.

1

P8025233

 P8025234  P8025237

We went to the arcade one evening and I let Sof play Deal or No Deal.  Little bugger won over 500 tickets!  Maybe I should have her pick some lottery numbers:)

  photo.JPG 1  2

We had a dance performance, and Sof couldn’t be left out.  Before it started she helped herself to the stage.

P8055267

   P8055272  P8055275

Kaitlyn and Adrienne both danced.  The company was on fire!

P8055284

P8055283

P8055287

See the pole?  It’s right in the middle of the stage.  Brings new meaning to “watch your space”:)

P8055295

Lexi’s friend Mia moved to Texas last week also:(  It was a tough good-bye, and a lesson in life.  With face time, email, and texting, I think these two will keep in touch!

I was doing some cleaning and came across these Leapfrog letter magnets.  I packed away the Fisher Price farm set, as this big preschool girl is ready for a more sophisticated refrigerator play.  It reminded me of not so long ago when Lexi was 4.  She spent about an hour one night putting all the letters in order.  She excitedly brought me over to the fridge to show me.  I was so proud of her and proceeded to point to the letters and sing the song.  A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,…O.  Uh oh, Lex, you missed the N.  She proudly said, “No I didn’t, it goes right here-W,X,Y,N,Z”.  So funny.    

a   Speaking of funny…

b

Sof pulled the toilet lid down on her back and declared herself a turtle.  Love this age.

No comments:

Post a Comment