"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Sunday, November 4, 2018

Nashville

Awhile back a random group of us were hanging out and started throwing around the idea of going to Nashville.  Liz took the reigns and pushed everyone to commit and book a house.  Everyone needs a Liz because we were all so happy we made it happen. 

Em, Steve, Mark and I drove, and the others flew. 

56043720286__BD861E18-C159-46D3-9C1D-347AF2822047

We all ended up arriving about the same time, and wasted no time getting out on the town!

IMG_0433

I lied, we did waste a little time, we facetimed our kiddos!

IMG_0437

The only thing that could have made this trip better is if it was 30 degrees cooler.  Seriously.  It was 90 the whole time and I was not very gracious about it.  We all committed to our jeans despite.

IMG_0438IMG_0439IMG_0441IMG_0442IMG_0443IMG_0445 Oh, here is a picture that I’m not in!  Wanna know why?  Because A) I don’t last very long in the bar scene and B) I don’t stay out after midnight.  I am totally supportive of everyone else partying to their hearts content!  I’m just not that fun.  Seriously tho.

IMG_0265

In the morning Mark, Em and I walked to Starbucks.  It was good long walk and hotter than shit, so we decided to just to stay sweaty and unshowered downtown.  Which is why you will not see one picture of our days in Nashville.  Trust that we shopped and ate and had the best ice cream in the entire world. 

IMG_0504IMG_0505

We fully embraced Nashville the second night.  Drinks on the porch, BBQ and then the Grand Ole Opry!

IMG_0452

IMG_0453IMG_0454

IMG_0476

IMG_3898

IMG_0475

IMG_0472

The next morning Mark decided to figure out the scooters that we kept seeing all over.

IMG_0478

Jodi, Em and I chose to walk and explore another strip of shops that day, but some of the others collected enough scooters to go sight seeing and bar hopping with them!

IMG_0493

When Jodi, Em and I got back we did kinda feel like we missed out on the scooter experience.  Lucky for us we had 5 in the driveway so the girls decided to scooter to dinner. 

IMG_0501

IMG_0480

I found scooter-ing to be a pain in the ass.  However I admit that under different circumstances(like not when I'm ready to start drinking) I might feel different. 

IMG_0489

We had dinner at Jason Aldean’s bar which was yummy.

IMG_0503 

The sad thing was it was only 8:00 after we had dinner.  Definitely too early to go home.  The bar scene in Nashville is basically like Disney World.

IMG_0495

Like for reals.

We found a couple of good little spots, heard some good music, and did a little dancing. 

IMG_0498

The next morning we up and on the road to get home in time for the Monday night driving kids to activities!  It was certainly a quick get away, but an awesome one!  We’re hoping to make it annual event in different locations!

No comments:

Post a Comment