"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Halloween

It’s no secret that Halloween is not my favorite holiday!  I eat all the candy(because zero self control), pumpkins are messy, and costumes are expensive and yet cheap looking.  However, I must say this year was quite smooth. 

We got Boo’d and Boo’d back.

IMG_0631

We carved pumpkins with the cousins, and everyone was quite independent.  Also, isn’t pumpkin carving a dad job?  Why do Em and I have to yell at the men folk EVERY year to supervise and help?  And why do the kids still come to us for help?  That’s a rhetorical question that I obviously know the answer to.  BECAUSE THE DADS ARE NOT HELPFUL!

IMG_0731IMG_0732IMG_0733IMG_0734IMG_0735 Sof knew what she wanted to be months in advance.  However, when she said Miranda Sings, I had no idea who/what that was!  Turns out she’s a Youtuber with a very distinct look.  I actually got a little into this costume because 1. Sof was so excited and set on it, and 2. It was doable and practical.  I ordered some basic sweats on Amazon, got some iron letters, ordered the official Miranda Sings t-shirt and cut out the picture to iron on the sweatshirt.  Behold, I give you the closest I’ll ever come to “making” a costume.

BC67DA0F-85A0-4A61-9EBE-65B363BBFF81

In case you, like me, do not know who Miranda Sings is, trust me-this is pretty damn good.

Our neighbors invited us to the Halloween party at their club.  It was fun because a lot of Sof’s friends go there!

IMG_0948IMG_0950IMG_0952IMG_0954IMG_0958

Sof’s teacher creates 3 groups of kids and lets each group plan one party.  Parents head up the groups and help guide their choices and make it happen.  I was the Halloween party parent and Sof was on the committee.  I missed the first planning meeting because I forgot.  I’m reliable like that.  I made up for it later though and the party was a success!  The kids loved being in charge and running games for their classmates!

IMG_0980IMG_0983IMG_0984IMG_0990IMG_0991IMG_0996IMG_0998

Trick or treating was kinda a blast.  The weather finally cooperated and the kids aren’t so needy this year! 

IMG_1004IMG_1008

We started with a few neighbors, but picked more up along the way!

IMG_1018

IMG_1015

We ended the night like usual (with John and Jill), the kids examining their haul.  All in all, it was one of the more relaxing years!  Until next time…

IMG_1013 (Edited)

No comments:

Post a Comment