"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Friday, March 30, 2018

March

Similar to the last few months, once you take cheer out there's not much left!  However there were a few other notable moments, like my staff charity volleyball game.  I remember well the first year I was at this school and participated in the game.  We needed to win the third game and I assumed we would put our best players in(of which I am not).  Several colleagues said to me, “The kids just like to see their teachers play.  It’s fine.”  Ummmmmm, hell no.  Kids like to win just like grown ups.  Winning is fun.  We got the trophy back a couple years ago and I’m determined to keep it!  This years game was amazing.  It came down to the third game and we were pretty even.  We ended up squeaking it out by the skin of our teeth and the students came running down from the stands like we won some championship or something!  Fun, right?

IMG_4120IMG_4121

I had a conversation with one of my(5 year old) students in which I had to choose my words carefully(even though I really wanted to smack talk!).

Student:  We’re the winners!

Me: Yes we are!

Student: They are losers!

Me:  Yes, they lost.

IMG_4124

IMG_4119

We intend on hanging on to this trophy for many years to come.


I had a cute little helper one day shopping for Lexi’s bday!

IMG_4061

Emily got Sof a subscription to Little Passports for Christmas.  Each month she gets a packet on a new country to learn about.  March was Egypt and she got a pyramid to uncover a hidden tomb. 

IMG_4129

We got invited to a birthday party that involved ax throwing(and Alcohol).  Makes sense.  It was actually really fun and we all tried our hand at ax throwing.  It wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it would be!

IMG_4131IMG_4132IMG_4136IMG_4137IMG_4138The end of the month brought some much needed rest from cheer.  Still practicing, but some weekends free.  Sof rediscovered her Littlest Pet Shops, and I did some spring cleaning!  Cheers to slower days!

 IMG_4144IMG_4146IMG_4147

No comments:

Post a Comment