"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Thursday, January 1, 2015

November

The last couple months have been a blur, but I’m going to try to remember back to November.

  IMG_2025

We have election day off of school, but I still work.  Sof went to Tutor Time which just made my heart happy.  I loved seeing her in my rearview mirror happily eating her oatmeal and chatting.  Just like the good ol’ days:)

IMG_2022

IMG_1994

We had some cute before school shots, although we’ve backed it off it bit.

IMG_2029

IMG_2034

IMG_2069

IMG_2205

IMG_2257

IMG_2265

IMG_2259

We had one short lived covering of snow.  The kids made the most of it.  Good thing, because we haven’t had any since then!

IMG_2288

IMG_2297

Literally the next day it was warm and rainy!

IMG_2329

We made a Friday night trip to Jeepers.  The girls had a riot!  Poor Natty Bug, she doesn’t want to be left out, but she doesn’t want to ride the big rides either!

IMG_2045IMG_2048

I was able to go to one of Kaitlyn’s swim meets.  I was so proud of her!  She’s got her own thing now and she’s rockin’ it!

IMG_2062We visited Grandpa Culley in his apartment.  He’s since moved to assisted living, and is doing so well!

IMG_2055

I had my charity volleyball game at school, and we finally WON!

IMG_2286

We had a very little bit of down time…and I mean little.

IMG_2067

I had my long conference day at school, which was really a pleasure this year.  I have a lovely little class and it’s no surprise the parents are just as lovely.  I had no tough conferences.  I spent the day sharing exciting news about children’s growth and learning.

IMG_2080

We had an unruly trip to the mall. Speaking of parenting…or lack there of.

IMG_2254

I went to school one Thursday for my regular volunteer time.  Sof had wanted to buy lunch that day, but I looked at the menu wrong.  The choices ended up being something she didn’t like.  That led to an impromptu lunch date with my girl.

IMG_2269IMG_2270IMG_2272IMG_2273IMG_2276

She also had a field trip to the outdoor center.  I didn’t chaperone this one, but of course Barb sent me pictures!

IMG_2342

IMG_2343

The kids make a birdfeeder out of pinecones and popcorn.  The next morning Sof found the perfect place for it on one of our trees!

IMG_2348

We had non-bowling night at Colleen and Dale’s, and discovered our new favorite game-Boxer’s or Briefs!

IMG_2299

I got a sweet Thanksgiving treat from a student, and Lexi had a get together with her friend Gaby.

IMG_2350IMG_2358

Adrienne was in the Thanksgiving Day parade again this year.  It’s such a cool experience for her, and this year Mark took Lexi and Sof down to watch.

IMG_2362

IMG_2363IMG_2368Afterwards we had our usual Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  It was pretty low key, and I didn’t take many pictures.

IMG_2372IMG_2376IMG_2379 

We celebrated all the November and December birthdays like usual.  91, 36, 16, and the big milestone was Steve’s 40th!

IMG_2383

IMG_2395

The next day Em and I snuck in some early morning shopping before meeting the others at Hallmark for our annual ornament shopping with Grandma Jackie.

IMG_2400IMG_2401IMG_2404IMG_2406

Natalie and I had the first visit to Santa together while the big girls were shopping.  It was the first switch over to the next holiday.

IMG_2415IMG_2418

We did our annual dress shopping with Sal that weekend also.  Another successful year finding the perfect dress for each girl!

IMG_2424IMG_2428IMG_2432

The last day of November was spent decorating the house.  Quite appropriate to usher in the new month. 

IMG_2439

Scratches gets very excited about the tree going up.  It’s her favorite place to lay in December.  It’s amazing the mess that ensues before the sparkle and twinkle.

IMG_2445IMG_2448IMG_2451IMG_2454IMG_2457

With that, we were ready for December!  Well, as ready as you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment