"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Leader of the Day

The minute Sof brought home the calendar with her leader day marked, I started thinking about what we going to send in for snack.  I will readily admit I NEVER did that for Adrienne.  “Back” then, no one did.  There weren’t little tiny containers on every grocery shelf or Pinterest snack ideas, and good moms could still get away with a box of granola bars.  Lexi perhaps had a slightly more creative version of me, but not by much.  Sof definitely has the “this is my last kid, I’m all in, and it’s only the beginning so I’m still real passionate” version of me.  So, I started planning and shopping Saturday, and put it all together Sunday.  I baked little banana breads for each child while my family hovered around begging for a taste.  My every look said, “Go ahead and touch that bread…if you don’t actually want to live”. 

IMG_1269 Then Lexi and I cut up an unreasonable amount of grapes to make a small container for each child.  In the end, I was very satisfied with my product.  All we had to do was wait for the next day when Buster would come home.  Buster the Bear comes home with the child the night before their leader day.  A little reminder that tomorrow is your special day to bring snack and show and tell.  Sof about lost her mind with excitement as she got off the bus.  She ran home and didn’t even take off her backpack or coat before opening the suitcase!

IMG_1302 

We decided we should do something fun with Buster while he was in our care, and Lexi suggested bowling.  Buster liked the plan, so off we went.

IMG_1277

Being the great mama she is, Sof dressed him in his hat and coat to go.  It was determined Buster was just too little to have his own ball so he would watch and cheer for us.

IMG_1281

IMG_1285

IMG_1289

When we got home we had to record in Buster’s journal what he did while in our care(top that other moms, bam! Nailed it!). 

IMG_1293

Then it was time to get ready for bed.  Sof decided she should pick out Buster’s clothes along with her own for the morning. 

IMG_1295

Finally time to snuggle in.  This is a big deal…Sof has never slept with a stuffed animal in her bed.  Ever.  Not only did she sleep with Buster, but she all the sudden developed an interest in the teddy bear Aunt Anne and Uncle Rick gave her for her 2nd Gotcha day.  She’d had it a long time, but all the sudden bears are cool.  She’s named him Fluffy.

IMG_1296

Mornings are even easy peasier on leader day!  She couldn’t wait to get to school!  Luckily it was a primetime morning because she had a lot of stuff to bring!  Fluffly came with her as a show and tell, and I imagine he will be played with for the rest of the year now!  Lucky Fluffy, a second chance at love!

IMG_1297

No comments:

Post a Comment