"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year-Day 1

We said good bye to 2013 with our kids and friends.  Together, playing games and hanging out, which is how it should be.  Resolution Number 1: Make more face time(like really, face to face time, not on the iPod face time) for friends and family.  It’s important and it’s good for your health and well being(as long as you do indeed like your friends and family).

IMG_7552

IMG_7554

IMG_7558

IMG_7561

IMG_7572

Resolution Number 2:  Love more, judge less.  I need to work on thatDisappointed smile

IMG_7575

IMG_7582

Resolution Number 3:  Spend time making the space we live in inspiring, interesting, and reflective of us.

I did good on that one today.  I spent the entire day painting Adrienne and Sof’s bathroom.  It took a long time, but I’m so happy with it! 

IMG_7586

Mark spent the day at the Winter Classic(an outdoor hockey game).  It was the perfect day for a project:) 

Later the girls and I went over to Em’s to watch the Rosebowl.  We were ecstatic when Michigan State won!!

IMG_7585

I’d say we had a good first day of the year.  Only one fail to speak of.  This little darling…

IMG_7550

She cut the cat’s whiskers.  I can’t imagine how she managed to do that, but somehow the cat sat still for a trim. 

Most days I’m crazy in love and like with this girl of mine.  She’s a gem.  She has a naughty streak though, especially when no one is paying attention(like when mommy is in the bathroom painting for 6 hours).  It always shocks me a little, and mostly disappoints me.  I hope 2014 is the year she loses that impulsive naughtiness that seems to lurk just under her ability to do right.    

No comments:

Post a Comment