"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Thursday, October 24, 2013

Break Even

It was something I calculated pretty early on.  Five.  That’s our break even age.  She’s been ours as long as she wasn’t. 

PA233892

It seemed so far away then, but here we are.  Today my baby turned 5. 

PA233894

What a transformation this girl has made.  She LOVES school.  She spends all her nights telling us how to spell things, practicing her letters and numbers, and asking us to write addition problems for her.  She is very bright.  She is never, ever quiet.  If she is, it’s not good.  It’s the one toddler trait we have not shed.  If she is not getting your attention, she’s going to find something naughty to do(because then she’s got your attention again:). 

PA233891She is a bundle of joy.  She finds joy in everything.  She loves to play outside.  She loves her family.  She says all the time, “I love you mommy.  I love my whole family”.  When she says family, she means more than just the…hmmmmm, I was about to say blood relatives, but none of us are to her.  I guess that illustrates the point even more.  If you show her love, she will love you back.  She’s the tangible object of all my good intention.  Happy birthday my sweet beautiful girl.  I love you so much my heart bursts to think about it.

PA233899

1 comment:

  1. Love her, love your family. Happy happy Birthday to Sof. Miss you guys already. Must plan a longer time to spend together.

    ReplyDelete