"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Sunday, May 19, 2013

Special May Days

Out Mother’s Day was quiet this year, which was actually nice.  The bummer was we weren’t able to spend it with my Mom and Grandma, but it just didn't work out.  Lexi gets so excited about these days.  She just couldn’t wait.  She got up Saturday morning, made muffins, and set the table for me.  I was happy to oblige her by celebrating a day early. 

P5103023

 

photo

She had a few gifts that she had made at Prime Time and Girl Scouts.

P5103029

P5103030

Sof had made a shirt for me at school, but she gave it to me the second she got home!  She was waaaayyyy too excited!

On Sunday, the real day, we went to church and out for brunch.  It was great time just the 5 of us.  The girls made lots of handmade cards.  Love my girlies!

3

That same weekend Mark and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary.  I can’t believe it’s been that long!  We’ve had our ups and downs like any other couple, but I’m so glad we’re walking this road together.  I love us as team.  I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else.  By the way, I’m pretty damn proud of the life we’ve created.  I’m turning 40 this summer…gasp.  That might bother me, but it doesn’t, because I’m perfectly content with where I’ve been and where I am.  I wouldn’t be here without my partner in crime.

photo    

1

At the last minute we found time to sneak out for a Cuban dinner and a little salsa dancing.  Mark isn’t actually a “dancer”.  He tries though.  Thanks to Victor even Mark was successful with a little partner dance!

2

Here’s to another 17 honey, I love you more everyday.

Red heart

No comments:

Post a Comment