"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." ~Author Unknown



Sunday, September 30, 2018

Back to School and Labor Day

It felt very bizarre to start school before labor day.  Back when I first started teaching that was the norm.  It’s been years since that though!  Teachers reported on Monday and Sof had a teacher meet and greet.

IMG_6585IMG_6587

This whole area is filled with rocks the students painted last year. 

IMG_6586

Sof’s is the one with the pink bow on it that looks more like a piece of candy.  Because she’s got 99 talents and art ain’t one.

IMG_6588

This girl.  Fourth grade.  My baby.

IMG_6590

Her teacher is someone I know well.  I used to work with her several years ago, and she remembers when we brought Sof home.  Sof’s going to have a great teacher and some great friends in class.  In typical Sof fashion she couldn’t wait to start school and asked every day for weeks if it was time!

IMG_6591IMG_6595IMG_6598IMG_6599

Tuesday, Lexi drove herself to her first day of 11th grade.  What even??  She’s still cute though.

IMG_6601

It was quite hot on the first day, but there was no cutsie outfit planned anyway.  I guess fourth grade is the year that feels right for me to let go and let her have some control over her wardrobe.  I said SOME. 

IMG_6604IMG_6605

Sof has the best bus stop ever.  The mamarazzi game is strong.

IMG_6608

IMG_6615

We only went to school for 3 days that week.  Sof was super cute all of them.

IMG_6640IMG_6641

IMG_0015

Adrienne had her first day of school and sent me this.

IMG_6644

I raised her right which means she knows what I want.  So later she sent me this…

IMG_6646

So much better.

The girls signed their new team contracts as we went into the Labor Day weekend. 

IMG_0026IMG_0028IMG_0031IMG_0034IMG_0037

We were definitely ready for an adult beverage with the neighbors and the kids were basically running rogue.  I love our tiny girl gang +Colin.

IMG_0039

Our Labor Day weekend was pretty quiet!

IMG_0043

We hung out with Em and Steve one night, and went on the boat with John and Jill the next day.  I literally can’t believe I didn’t take any pictures from that excursion!!!  Nonetheless, it was super fun and we enjoyed lots of water time before rain loomed.  That was perfect because it got us home early!  A lazy night at home was fine with me!  Sof “helped” me make play doh for my class, and we ended up making a batch for home too.

IMG_0048IMG_0051IMG_0054

The next day we all went for a visit with Grandma Jackie.  We even picked Adrienne up on the way!

IMG_0061 

Adrienne grabbed a Coke and it said, “Share a Coke with your better half”.  To which she said, “I guess I’ll have two”!  Perfect Adrienne comment, and perfect photo bomb by Lexi.

IMG_0056

Family picture shenanigans.

IMG_0068

IMG_0069IMG_0070

Grandma is such a trooper!  She’s turning 95 in November and still is as fiesty as ever!  It’s always a great day when we can spend time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment